Felix Andrew L . Sapalaran
Github: My Github
A computer science major experienced in software design and development, a passion for creating seamless and intuitive user experiences, and writing efficient and scalable code. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a fast learner with superior time management and multi-tasking skills. Strong work ethic in a team and individual setting to drive product success and process efficiency. Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with an analytical and creative mindset
Major: Computer Science
Computer Programming I & II, Data Structures & Algorithm Design, Advanced Data Structures & Algorithm Design, Computer Organization, Introduction to Computer Networks, Principles of Operating Systems, Designing the User Experience, Intensive Programming in Linux, Programming Language Concepts, Introduction to Cyber Security, Guided Design in Software Engineering
- Technical Profile
Library & Frameworks
Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop
Academic & Personal Projects
Developed diverse software development projects ranging from website design to CRUD-enabled web applications, from OS scheduling apps to software-based automatic grading modules, in both a team environment and independently. Some of the highlighted projects are listed below.
Project Name: HackRU218Oct 2018
- Led the successful development and implementation of a static website project with a 3-member team of developers by creating a website blueprint, using PhotoShop software for image improvement and enhancement, writing and testing the code, and meeting project goals and deadlines.
- Gained knowledge of creating an interactive and responsive website, the experience of creating and presenting project demos, and the importance of collaboration, teamwork, and persistence.
- Project Link: HackRU2018
Project Name: Scheduling Algorithms SimulationApr 2019 – May 2019
- Developed a Java-based back-end program during the Operating Systems course that simulated CPU scheduling as it relates to efficiency and speed.
- Created a Java-based program to simulate OS Scheduling algorithms, including First Come First Serve (FCFS), Shortest Job First (SJF), Shortest Remaining Time First (SRTN), and Round Robin.
- Verified project output with predetermined calculations to check correctness and completeness of the project and received a 100% on project evaluation while delivering two weeks earlier.
- Learned the importance of CPU scheduling, such as efficiency, speed, and fairness among system resource users.
- Technology Stack: Java
- Project Link: Scheduling Algorithms Simulation
Project Name: RU Web ApplicationJul 2019 – Aug 2019
- Built the front- and back-end of a web-based application with Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD), and Search capabilities in a LAMP environment.
- Delivered the project ahead of time despite an aggressive timeline to complete
- Increased knowledge of open-source Web development platforms and coding skills, along with time management skills in a fast-paced software development environment.
- Project Link: RU Web Application
Project Name: NJIT Web ApplicationOct 2019 – Dec 2019
- Developed a Python-based online system to automatically grade student exams and allow the instructor to change the grades and add comments
- To ensure successful and timely project completion, proactively assumed the role of team lead and used leadership, teamwork, and collaboration skills to create a team project schedule, assign tasks, and ensure the assignments were completed on time to meet the project deadline successfully.
- Project Link: NJIT Web Application
Project Name: Random Quote Generator Jun 2018 – Jul 2018
- Project Link: Random Quote Generator
Project Name: Mobile Responsive Layout Aug 2018 – Sep 2018
- Developed a mobile-first web page for mobile phones, tablets, and desktop displays using the Responsive Web Design (RWD) approach for faster page loading and improved online browsing experience.
- Increased knowledge of RWD and media queries, creating responsive images, testing and debugging, and implementing across various mediums
- Technology Stack: HTML, CSS Media Queries
- Project Link: Mobile Responsive Layout
Project Name: ToDoListJan 2020
- Successfully delivered the project on time, meeting project scope, requirements, and quality constraints
- Project Link: ToDoList
- Professional Tutoring
Union County College - Crandford, NJSep 2016 – May 2017
I was recommended by my professor to teach Math to the students at Union County College.
- Provided group and one-on-one tutoring to students in Algebra and Calculus with the class size ranging from 1-2 students at the beginning of the semester to 7-9 during the final examinations
- Motivated students focus by making a conscious effort to know their interests and likes and then integrating this knowledge into the teaching and the learning process
- Tutoring taught me the value of patience, persistence, and to always try and teach and learn from others
(Return to homepage.)